Friday, April 1, 2016

We close this month!

Just finished up our 10th week of building.  They've got the first coat of paint on everything and they got the hardwood floors and vinyl installed.  They were working on gutters when we were there today.  Our Project Manager said the trim guy should be out Monday.  He also mentioned that they would be getting more topsoil soon for our yard.  Apparently since we close after April 15, they have to have our sod and seed in before we close.  So that's a plus!
Looking good!
Vinyl in upstairs laundry room and both boys bathroom and master bathroom.
Morning room (aka dining room) with covered hardwood
My non-potty trained 2 year old telling me he's going to pee here :) 
Hardwood is covered but you can see some peeking out for an idea of just how dark it is!

The garage is full of stuff for Ryan to do next week!

Cabinets were delivered!
A pile of doors to be hung and our beautiful "baby gate" to block our backdoor until we build a deck.
Double vanities for both bathrooms.
Menards was having their 11% rebate so we got the ceiling fans bought for the master bedroom and bonus room.  (That makes 5 total to be installed so far. :))  I'm still not ready to bite the bullet on the great room ceiling fan.  Also found out Home Depot will install all of our blinds (26 windows including garage and basement) for $118.  Andrew says that's worth it!  So I am planning to have them come measure towards the end of next week.  We ordered our kitchen island cabinets from 84 Lumber(almost $2000 cheaper than Home Depot).  I'm now looking for a granite distributor.  Its time to get stuff done...we close this month!!!

Bonus room & Master bedroom fans - basic and simple

I'm hoping to get the front door and garage door paint this weekend as well as I am starting to look at kitchen backsplashes.  I think I'm going to ask our Project Manager to not put the "lip" on our granite so we can do the backsplash right away.

Benjamin Moore Aura Grand Entrance Satin in Caliente

My initial plan for a backsplash.  Clean and simple look.
This is what I am going for with the black garage entry door.

No comments:

Post a Comment