Sunday, March 20, 2016

There Went Week 8!


It's been a busy week at the house.  We had our pre-drywall walk through on Monday.  We had a small list of items that our Project Manager has taken care of.  There is one thing still left to do, which is the bathroom rough-in in the basement.  The plumber says it's there so it's just a matter of breaking up some concrete and finding it with the measurements.  It's not a big rush, but should be done soon.

Talked to Kevin, our Project Manager, Friday.  Drywallers got all of the drywall hung and the mud is there.  They started finishing the drywall this weekend.

Looks like brick is finished or almost!  I will say one of the houses we looked at initially had siding in that little are on the second floor between the bump outs and I told Andrew over and over how strange it looked.  Sooo glad ours is brick.  Not sure if ours is correct or a mistake.  Either way, I'll take it!
Alex's bedroom.
Adam's bedroom.
2nd floor laundry room.
Austin's bedroom.
My bedroom from door.
My bedroom from front corner, looking into bathroom.
My bathtub.  Not as fancy as a lot of these houses, but this tub has built in shelves which is more than our last home, so I'm excited! :P
My bathroom.  Double vanity on left.  Toilet room on left.  Master closet in back.
Bonus room/play room.  Already getting some action!
Great room looking towards the office.
Great room in to kitchen.  Morning room on right.  Basement stairs and pantry to the left.
Morning room.  We will use this as our dining room.
1/2 of basement.
Other 1/2 of basement
Front room...purpose yet to be decided :)  For sure excited to remove those halfwalls and replace with wrought iron spindles!
Powder room.
Deck to be.

Siding should start next week.  It's really looking like a house!

Oh, and I am already thankful for my pre-drywall pictures.  I noticed that they covered 1 of my outlets in the garage!  I am sending this picture to our project manager in the morning.  Can you see the outlet???




3 comments:

  1. Hi!! I just came across your blog via another blog that I follow :-)
    We are building a Milan, and are hopefully getting our pre-construction meeting scheduled soon!! If I am not mistaken, you aren't building too far from us (we are in Cincinnati).
    Looking forward to following the rest of the progress on your house!!

    Here is a link to my blog: http://oneinamilan.blogspot.com/

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Yes, we are building in Butler County. I just checked out your blog. We too are building our island. I also heard 84 Lumber (locally) will build it for you and they sell Timberlake cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world!! We currently LIVE in Butler County! Our home is being built in Hamilton County though ;-)
      I will definitely check out the 84 Lumber place! I'm a bit bummed at this point that we are even building an island with RH. I am hoping we can just add on to the existing cabinets/island to get the style island we want :-)

      Good luck on the home building and I'm excited to follow along!

      Delete