Saturday, January 2, 2016

I can't decide!

Today we decided to walk through a model again.  We found a model of our exact Palermo (elevation D) but after the 30 minute drive we found out they were closed today :(  So we ended up back at the original Palermo model we've walked through already a few times.
I am doubting our (my) granite selection so I was hoping seeing it in person would help.
We have selected white cabinets with a black/gray hardwood floor.  Currently we have selected Caledonia granite.  I am thinking that may be too dark.  My other favorite was Azul Platino. Even at our selection meeting I was stumped.  Thoughts?

On the left is my current selection.  The right is what I'm considering changing it to.

While we were there I took a few pictures just to remind myself how they decorated some of their rooms (very kid friendly..haha)


Mudroom  (Alex wasn't up for posing.)  We will do some sort of built in here on the right for the boys shoes and coats and such.  There is a closet on the left for Andrew & I's coats and shoes.
1st floor powder room - Is it driving anyone else crazy that that lid is up???

Great room.  (Ours will have no fireplace, so we'll for sure need a bigger tv :P.)  I LOVE the look of this room!  I also love that there is no couch on this end of the room dividing the area.  instead it looks much bigger and wide open.  Notice the office door at the far end.
 Morning room.  We too plan to use this as a dining room.  Love their table!  Debating on the idea of putting a rug under the table.  Thinking with 3 littles right now we should go without a rug.  (We do not have the 2 extra windows on the right, so I will need to find a large picture or something to go on that wall.)
Looking at the kitchen from the morning room/backdoor.    The double doors are the pantry and that glass door is the basement.  (Ours will be solid until the basement is finished.) The kitchen is still by far my favorite place in the house.
Laundry room is pretty small.  We have opted for a utility sink to the right instead of a closet. It's on the second floor though which is perfect!  I've pinned a few ideas including building the pedestal so that laundry baskets can slide under for sorting.  Not sure how that would work with the drain thingie.
Master bedroom.  This one has a 4' extension, so it's a bit bigger than ours (and probably much more fancy than mine will ever look too.)
Bonus room!  Super excited for this room.  I'm still not sure what we'll even put in this room.  I think the boys Jungle Jumperoo they are getting for their birthday will be perfect along with maybe an air hockey table?!?!

And then while we were there my dad mentioned how much he loved the wrought iron balusters (which I totally do too) but it was an upgrade we decided against to "stop the bleeding" (quote courtesy of my husband.)  So now we will have a half wall there.  Should we reconsider???

Capped wall.  Ours would not have the extra crown molding.
This is pretty close to what ours would look like with white spindles and the dark hardwood. 


Sooo...I took the time earlier today to write this entire post.  In the meantime realized we were past the date of making changes!  So, Caledonia granite and capped wall it is :)  (Heading over to update the to do list because I'm confident Andrew could do the spindles for us once we are all settled.)

Side note, we are still playing phone tag with NVR mortgage gathering all of the documents they need from us.
Should be meeting our Project Manager and having our Pre-Construction Meeting towards the middle - end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment