Sunday, April 10, 2016

Less than 3 weeks...

I have started to write this blog several times but my mind is so all over the place I'm having a hard time focusing.  So here goes...

The house is finally locked up so I haven't been able to get in much.  Andrew was able to get in and instead of sending me lots of phone pictures he sent me tons of problems :(

I'm still not sure how anyone thought this was a good idea.  Originally it was all drywalled but our project manager cut the drywall so they can and fix it.  Having conduit sticking out like a handle in the garage is not acceptable.  I know, I'm picky.
Reminder to have repaired - yet I've already forgotten which room this is!
Boys bathroom, reminder to have repaired.
On the other hand I was able to get in yesterday and get some other pictures.

House with grading.  There quite a slope on the left, but that's the smallest part of our yard, so really no big deal.
Exterior lights.  I was hoping for the larger lights like a lot of other homes in our community but apparetly the elevation we chose gets these lights.  Future project.
Entry way.  Still loving my decision to have them move the return air vent here :)
2 of the three entry/hall lights.  I'm thinking I'm going to need to change these out fairly soon to something a bit more "rustic" looking to match the house.  They really are pretty, but whoever called them "boob lights" has completely ruined it for me.
The 3rd entry/hall light with the dining room light in the back.  Again, replacing that light for something a bit more rustic.  Handrail that still needs stained. 
Half walls to be removed and replaced with wrought iron rails soon!
Powder room.  It'll probably stay like that for awhile.
Standing in the kitchen looking at the great room.  Could to go on far wall and right wall.  TV between windows.  Office behind the door at the end.
Morning room where our new dining room table will go.
Standing in the corner of the dining room looking into the great room on the left, kitchen on the right.  The door on the left is to the basement and the double doors are the pantry.  The opening on the left is the hallway/entry way and the opening on the right is to the yet to be decided room :)
KITCHEN!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.  We've ordered the exact same cabinets for our big island.  Again, to be built before moving in.
Future refrigerator.  Where's the water line for the ice maker???
He insisted I shut him in here.
Master bath
Project manager says they will be out this week Monday and Tuesday to finish drywall repairs and paint Wednesday.  Granite should arrive middle of the week.

Then there's the whole idea of moving and all of the stuff we need inside this house.  I have coupons from Lowes and Wayfair that are about to expire so I've been trying see if there's anything there.  I did finally purchase door paint, red and black.  Today we also purchased backsplash tile and grout for the kitchen.  I'm hoping this week to buy the great room ceiling fan.  Home Depot should be calling Monday to schedule to come out and measure. We're still looking for a fridge and island granite.  I know I need to make a trip to Ikea to buy Austin's new loft bed.  He also too needs a mattress and bedding.  We need a new king mattress and bed and bedding.  We're planning to try Tuft & Needle for mattresses.  Sooooo much still to do!!!
White backsplash tile with white grout
One option, but with darker, more black blades
This is the great room ceiling fan I am leaning towards.
Chandelier ordered for over new dining room table



No comments:

Post a Comment